- You miss your concert or event because the limousine does not show up.
- You got your name on the VIP list at you favorite club but miss getting in because your limousine shows up late.
- Don’t be embarrassed when an older model limousine that’s rusting at the seams arrives at your door when you were expecting at a newer luxury model.
- Sure your limousine shows up but with an unprofessional chauffeur with poor hygiene.
- Your limousine chauffeur exercises poor customer service with your company’s most influential client. You lose the account.
- You Pay! Your limousine service gets into an accident and does not have proper insurance to cover the damages involved in your injuries.
- Your limousine get stuck on the side of the road during transport because they didn’t have the limousine safety inspected as state law mandates.
- Your limousine breaks down on the freeway during transport to wine country. Miss the wine tasting experience but you saved $65.00.
Risks you take when shopping for a limousine
based on price alone.
Don’t be afraid to ask about Insurance and Permits.
All limousines are required to carry commercial insurance and the proper permits. Unfortunately, advertising companies and the web do not require insurance coverage or permits in order to advertise in their publications. Don’t be afraid to protect yourself from “gypsy companies”, and ask for proof of these items from your selected limousine company.
“The Limo Broke Down!” or “We Don’t Have your Reservation.”
Don’t be the unfortunate customer who gets the “The Limo Broke Down” or “We Don’t Have Your Reservation” story. Cover yourself ahead of time by dealing with a reputable limousine company. Shopping on price alone can be dangerous. Some unethical operators will not hesitate to drop a reservation to pick up a better paying fare.
Looking for the “Best Price?” You may be disappointed.
The biggest error you could make when shopping for a limo rental is searching based on PRICE. In the limousine industry, there are many variances of quality and price. All too often, a cheaper price translates into larger risk for whoever is in the vehicle.
Most consumers would not choose a restaurant or hotel based on price, yet people shop for a limo service this way and expect 5-star quality service. If you shop for a limousine based on price alone, you will likely be frustrated and disappointed with your limousine experience.
Old, dirty, poorly maintained vehicles, shoddy service, unprofessional chauffeurs with poor hygiene, dangerous vehicles, late service, and under-insured services are all possible results of a “best price” shopping priority. There are exceptions — however, the rule usually is – the lower the price, the more risk you will assume with your luxury transportation needs.
Consumer Warning for any person(s) responsible for the management of group trips or destination management companies that organize business events and company outings. The past several years have proven to be challenging, to say the least for individuals or businesses involved in making decisions on group travel when using the internet. There are many unscrupulous San Diego charter bus and limousine companies misleading consumers.
One example is when your group is traveling outside San Diego maybe to Temecula or to Las Vegas. As it goes most consumers are not going to stop and think about how important a newer bus (1999) and up is. Consider this as far too many start-up SD charter companies compete with fancy and misleading images and talk about their new conversions but never will tell you the year of their vehicle or the size of their engine, by now your thinking so what as long as it looks ok and the price is right and so you reserve the bus and your group is on its way thru Temecula Wine Country big foothills on the 15 north interstate and your party bus rental is barely making it to the top with the limo bus you chose. “How embarrassing”; the next time in SD charter a tip top limo bus call now to charter San Diego limobuses.
Anyone can PULL THIS SCAM!
Post vehicle pictures, a phone number, and rates.
“Instant Limousine Company!” (pretty scary huh?!?)
We recommend going into their office and physically seeing
the vehicles you want to reserve.
Look inside and out. Ask them to give you a receipt on their letterhead
or the equivalent with the plate no#, vehicle no#, and a description.
Further request to view insurance card and PUC (Public Utilities Commission)
Plenty of stories to come!…
Spectrum Limobus and
San Diego Limousine
are located at:
3333 Midway Drive, Suite 206,
San Diego, CA 92110
San Diego Limobus and
TCP # 6682-B